Saturday 23 January 2010

Modified Morschauser ‘19th Century' Wargames Rules

I have scanned in the latest draft of my adaptation of Joseph Morschauser’s ‘Modern’ Period Rules for the 19th century era, and I have uploaded the rules to the Wargames Miscellany blog. As you will see, I have made several small but important changes.

These rules have not been written specifically for colonial wargaming, but with a few minor changes they should be very suitable. The sort of changes I envisage incorporate ideas from Joseph Morschauser's 'Frontier' Rules, which were designed for colonial conflicts. For example Native Infantry and Cavalry Units had different 'Battle Power' ratings (what I term Close Combat Power) that made them less effective in Close Combat.

Once I have play-tested the basic 19th century rules, I will adapt them so that they can be used for colonial wargames.

No comments: